I have over ten years of experience working with individuals, children and families in various clinical settings (residential treatment facilities, therapeutic preschools, public school system, university and private therapy). After receiving a Master of Social Work from the University of Denver with a clinical focus on family therapy and trauma, I worked as a therapist for the Mental Health Center serving Boulder and Broomfield counties where I worked with young children and families.
After attaining an MSW, I completed a postgraduate fellowship at the University of Colorado, Boulder working as a therapist with college students addressing a wide range of issues, including: transitioning into student life; trauma; changes in mood, including anxiety and depression; challenges with substance abuse and/or questions regarding sexuality.
Clinical areas of expertise:
- General life transitions
- Children (including developmental, mood, sensory integration, and behavioral challenges
- College students
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Certified in Trauma Response and Recovery (University of Denver, Graduate School of Social Work)